The Intelligence programme is a vital part of the Anti-Doping programme and seeks to collect any information that will assist in the detection, deterrence, enforcement or prevention of an Anti Doping Rule Violation (ADRV).
ADRVs include use and attempted use of prohibited substances, but also extend to administration of a prohibited substance, possession and trafficking in prohibited substances. To learn what qualifies as a prohibited substance in sport, click here
To identify trends and threats of ADRVs being committed, the Intelligence programme will use statistical/analytical information that may include;
· Trends in the competitive results of athletes
· Analytical reports from the laboratory where athlete tests are analysed
· Steroid profiling of samples taken from athletes
· Monitoring the Athlete Biological Passport
In addition, the intelligence programme may receive information from those in the sporting community and the public.
Information can be reported in various ways;
· Via the confidential online submission form
· By emailing email@example.com
· By speaking directly to a member of the Anti Doping Team. Please contact the Anti Doping Unit at +353 1 8608812 or +353 1 8608828.
All information received by Sport Irelandl will be dealt with in a confidential manner.